One of the elements of Easter that many kids look forward to is getting a basket full of sweets. Supplement classic jelly beans and chocolate eggs with simple homemade treats that fit perfectly with the theme of the season. Little ones will go wild over each of these easy Easter treats for kids!
1. Bunny Brownie Pops: Put a twist on the cake pop trend by making brownie pops decorated to look like adorable bunnies. Crumble baked brownies with chocolate frosting and roll it into balls, then dip them in white candy coating. Decorate with marshmallow ears and candy faces.
2. Chick Cupcakes: Most kids love cupcakes, although it’s up for debate whether it’s a love of cupcakes as a whole or just the frosting. Put together a sweet treat with plenty of frosting by making chick cupcakes with sweet little yellow chicks peeping out the top.
3. Egg Rice Krispie Treats: Make classic Rice Krispies treats into delicious and festive Easter egg treats by shaping the treats into eggs with your hands or by pressing them into a greased plastic Easter egg as a mold. Dip the tops of the treats in chocolate and sprinkles for an extra touch the kids will love.
4. Easter Nests: Eggs belong in a nest, and with this simple treat, you can give kids an edible nest with a few eggs. Make the nests in muffin tins with pretzel sticks held together by marshmallow glue. Use dyed coconut flakes as grass and add the kids’ favorite candy eggs on top.
5. Peeps S’mores: Make the Easter version of a classic treat with simple Peeps s’mores. Heat a marshmallow chick in the microwave for about 20 seconds to soften it before sandwiching it between graham crackers with a square of chocolate.
As you’re choosing and preparing Easter treats, don’t forget about the basket to put them all in. Personalized Easter baskets make the perfect place to put kids’ treats year after year![photo via Pastry Affair]