The Thanksgiving dinner menu often centers on the turkey — it’s the dish that everyone looks forward to, and talks about for weeks leading up to the big dinner. However, the side dishes that you make will complete the meal and allow everyone to feel stuffed and satisfied after it is complete. If you are looking for inspiration as you plan the big meal, be sure to check out these easy Thanksgiving side dish recipe ideas.
5 Easy Thanksgiving Side Dish Ideas
- Sweet Potatoes — A sweet potato dish is practically a necessity on your Thanksgiving dinner table. Consider creating a sweet potato casserole using marshmallows, brown sugar and pecans. It’s a nutritious vegetable dish that really tastes like a delectable dessert.
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Applesauce — This easy-to-create dish will win over the hearts of both children and adults at the table. Simply boil apples in a scant amount of water, add some cinnamon and stir in pureed pumpkin.
- Green Bean Casserole — This casserole is comfort food at its finest. A can of green beans, a can of cream of mushroom soup and some French fried onions are all you need to make this dish. Don’t forget to place it in your personalized casserole dish.
- Cornbread Stuffing — Create your stuffing using cornbread, butternut squash, sweet potato and a Granny Smith apple this year for a unique take on this classic side dish. Add jalapenos for a kick!
- Dill Mashed Potatoes — Mashed potatoes are a Thanksgiving staple, but they can get a little boring after a while. Stir in some sour cream and top them with dill to create an unforgettable flavor that your family will be craving for weeks to come.
For more unique products that will make your Thanksgiving dinner easier and more beautiful at the same time, check out the Lillian Vernon website today.